There are two different styles that tennis odds will be shown in throughout the online sportsbooks and it really depends on what country the book is located in. UK and European sportsbooks will generally post their odds in a fraction style whereas in North America odds are predominantly posted in a moneyline format. Whether you’re betting on a singles match, doubles match, prop bet or futures bet the odds are going to be posted in the same manner. Below we’re going to take a look at an example of how tennis odds will be posted.
As we mentioned there are two styles that tennis odds are posted in. They both mean the exact same thing and the only difference is the style that the odds are posted in. First we’re going to take a look at how North Americans and several other countries view tennis odds.
- • Venus Williams -200 vs. Serena Williams +125
With tennis moneyline odds you need to pay close attention to the sign in front of the odds. When there is a (-) it signifies that you’ll need to pay juice on your bet. If the sign is a (+) then the sportsbook thinks the bet has a good chance of losing and they pay the juice on the bet. The favourite in the above tennis match is Venus Williams with the posted moneyline odds of -200. If you bet on Venus to win the match you would need to bet $200 to win $100. If you bet on Serena to win the match with the posted odds of +125 you would only need to bet $100 to win $125.
- • Venus Williams ¼ vs. Serena Williams 4/3
Most UK and European sportsbooks will post the odds like they are posted above. They mean the same as the moneyline odds. In the above example you’d need to bet $4 for every $1 profit on Venus and you’d need to bet $3 for every $4 profit on Serena.
Types of Tennis Bets
- • Match Bet – A match bet in tennis is a wager where you decide what player or team is going to win.
- • Sets Bet – A sets bet is when you bet on a player or team to win a given set in a tennis match.
- • Game Bet – A game bet is when you bet on a player or team to win a given game in a tennis match.
- • Points Bet – A points bet is when you bet on a player or team to win a given point in a tennis match.
- • Tournament Champion – At the beginning of a tennis tournament/event you can wager on what player you think will win the championship game.
Most sportsbooks will allow players to bet tennis live online. The tennis match will be displayed in a small window on your computer screen and then you’ll see a list of available bets for the game on the remainder of the page. Betting live in-game tennis matches is a lot of fun and definitely something you’re going to want to check out.